Airway Orthodontics vs Conventional Orthodontics
Airway orthodontics is a specialized form of orthodontic treatment that focuses on improving the function of the airway, or the passage through which air flows in and out of the lungs. It can be used to treat children who have conditions such as sleep apnea or other respiratory disorders. In children, airway orthodontics can help to improve respiratory function and reduce symptoms of sleep apnea and other disorders. Airway orthodontics can also improve sleep quality, enhance self-esteem, and improve overall health².
Conventional orthodontics, on the other hand, sees crooked or misaligned teeth as the problem to be fixed. Airway orthodontics sees crooked teeth as a symptom of another imbalance, and by correcting that imbalance the teeth begin to correct themselves¹.
Benefits of Airway Orthodontics
Airway orthodontics can be beneficial for people who have breathing problems, such as sleep apnea, or who have other health issues that affect their breathing. This new form of treatment, now used worldwide, can also help to improve facial structure and balance, which can lead to better overall health⁴.
Treatment at any age
Airway orthodontics works for children and adults and both can benefit. Gone are the days when orthodontics was aimed at children only. Advanced techniques now help adults to gain the benefits of this new treatment alternative.
Sleep, feel, and look better with Airway Orthodontics. The new and better way of looking after yourself and your loved ones.
(1) What is Airway Orthodontics | Hello Ortho.
(2) Airway Orthodontics | Chris Munkel Smiles.
(3) Airway Orthodontics – The Centre for Integrative Orthodontics.
(4) Airway Perspective on AAO Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Orthodontics ….
(5) What Is Airway Orthodontics? – The Brain Possible.
(6) Airway Orthodontics Burlington MA | Burlington Orthodontics.
(7) Airway Orthodontics: An Argument for Early Orthodontic Treatment. Airway orthodontics